Monday, January 31, 2011

Till I Only Dwell in Thee

I sometimes find myself waiting for my life to turn into one of the perfect romantic comedies that I love to watch. I get so drawn into them. Really, I'd just love for my life to fast-forward to the part where the guy makes the dramatic gesture and they live happily ever after. I'm waiting to experience my great love story.

Recently, I've been feeling a soft tug on my heart, specifically during my "chick flick" down time. I tried to ignore it, but when God wants to reveal something, He has his way of continually showing himself. I was listening to a beautiful song by Brooke Fraser tonight, and the soft tug turned into an aching conviction.

If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision
Til' I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee

As I have been waiting to experience my great love story, God has been patiently waiting for me to realize it's with Him. He is my greatest love story. I've always been taught to believe that He is enough- and I partially believed that. But I've never lived as though he is all I need. I've always believed that I need someone in addition to him. He is more than all I need. And He is waiting to give me more love and grace than I could ever deserve. If that isn't a dramatic gesture, I don't know what is.

My solitary vision is that I only dwell in Thee. I am easily self absorbed and often find reasons to fill my time with things other than spending time in the presence of God and soaking in his word. But I recognize the fact that God created me for himself, he is my great love story. It's about time I started living as though my one ambition is to only dwell in Thee!


The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: