For the past two years, I have spent a portion of the Christmas season in a place near and dear to my heart- Myanmar. This year, a trip is not possible. My heart hurts knowing I won't be able to see the smiling faces of all the beautiful children at Agape Orphanage this year.For those of you who don't know, Agape Orphanage has been supported by Calvary for a number of years now. My family has been blessed with the amazing opportunity to go on a few different trips to stay at the Orphanage. No one has grabbed my heart more than all of the children I get to play with on those visits. No city, no country has burdened my heart more and called me to more passionate prayer. Myanmar needs Jesus, and it has been so cool to witness first hand the ways He is starting to reveal himself to a hurting people.
I learn a lot during every visit, but there is one thing that continually grabs me-

their desperate need for God. The people at Agape passionately seek God because he is all they have. They have no distractions, nothing to replace God with in order to experience momentary pleasures. He's it. And they live in that truth.
I was struggling with the fact that I won't be able to go to Myanmar this year. Nothing has brought me more joy than bringing them gifts and praising our King together during the holiday season. But recently, we found out that Agape is in desperate need of funds. They don't have enough money to buy food for the next two months. That makes anything you were recently worrying about seem so trivial, doesn't it?
I wholeheartedly believe that God has a plan for Agape. I believe He is going to use them in powerful ways to reveal
Himself to their people, and to restore the hearts of the lost. I want to get in on that! Don't you? We are a country that has been richly and abundantly blessed...why not share some of that blessing this holiday season? Whether it is through passionate prayer, spreading the word to others, or giving money, would you consider getting involved in God's plans for Myanmar? If not Myanmar, than I encourage you to pray about where God is calling you to give this holiday season. Because I can guarantee it will bring a heavenly kind of Joy that simply putting gifts under your tree can't bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment