Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life Goes On


Life goes on. Whether we want it to or not. It doesn't slow down so you can be sure to take in every moment. It doesn't wait for you to be ready for change. So now I'm here, in a Holiday Inn in Pittsburgh,experiencing just how quickly life goes on. I want to be able to appreciate the moments I am now experiencing as a college graduate, true adult. But at the same time, I am still trying to comprehend and savor every moment that has happened the past four years, the past month particularly. It's not easy to do both. And life isn't waiting.

I recently graduated from college. Or at least I think I did, I haven't fully accepted that as truth. In the span of a month I have spent a week in Florida with some of my favorite people, walked across the stage at the BJC in my cap and gown, attended graduation parties, gone on a trip with my parents, packed up my apartment, said goodbye to my best friends, and moved into a hotel in Pittsburgh. I'm still savoring my week in Florida and haven't quite caught up with the reality of today. I'm not quick to embrace change. I'd much rather continue to enjoy what I have come to find comfortable (Comfortable in an exciting, challenging, and fun way.). Why change what I love? But life, or God rather, had other plans. Life goes on. And it brought me to Pittsburgh to pursue a job in Human Resources. Life goes on and it forced me to say goodbye to my family, my friends, and my church. Life goes on and brought me to a place where I know no one.

I suppose my problem is I always look at change negatively. So let me try that again. Life goes on and has brought me to a new and exciting city. Life goes on but has allowed me to still hold on to the people I have come to hold dear (gotta love Skype). Life goes on and will bring me a new group of people to find fellowship with. Life goes on and maybe will lead me to a new church where I can encourage even more people to support Myanmar! Life goes on and has brought me to a job where I can be comfortable financially and able to support my friends in ministry! Life goes on, and God goes first. He has prepared the way for me. He has plans for me. And when I look at it that way, there really is no place for the negative. Life goes on, but God goes first.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

5 comments:

Sacha said...

Sarah! I LOVE this!!

Call when you are free and not working.

Anonymous said...

I do too!! Ah love you!

Lauren said...

Samsies ;)

Dan said...

Holy Cow, I never get comments on my blog...and you already have three... :) make that 4.

Love you... thanks for telling me you are blogging.

Unknown said...

Thanks for not telling me you were blogging! But lucky for you Dad told me:) I'm proud of you and still think you have a future in writing! Didn't you feel better after you turned the negatives to positives???